CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring! Beautiful spring!

What an absolutely gorgeous perfect spring day. The sun is bright and warm, and the breezes are cool and refreshing. Daffodils blooming in the yard are white and yellow and pink. Yes, I do have some pink ones! they are white with pink trumpets. I have other varieties that will bloom later that have ruffly centers and they are pink~! I planted petunias in the pots on the porch today. I just could not resist them yesterday. I bought yellow, purple (of course), pink and red ones and mixed them up in my porch pots. The aroma is heavenly.

I am 50 years old. I don't feel 50 years old, but here it is. I did the math. 2011-1961=50. My family was so good to me on my birthday! I got a surprise party at the Hometown restaurant, so I got to see Liz. Jon, Julia, Patrick, G-maw and Sid were all there too as well as special guests Danny and Sherry Holliman--Old friends that we spent many a summer day with on the lake or at the beach or just hanging out at their home watching movies. Jon wouldn't stay with folks when he was little and surprised us one night when Danny said, Jon you coming home with us? He jumped in their van and headed to Itta Bena. No problem! We taught the kids of Itta Bena to waterski right in front of Danny's parents home on Roebuck Lake. We took several vacations together to Panama City Beach with the Hollimans. Great memories like Sid and Andy parasailing and Sid and Danny shaving their mustaches for the first time ever will have us saying "remember when" for years! Maybe I won't tell what Jon did to Sherry when he was just a little fellow while Sid and I went to dinner! shhhh!!! Anyway, it made turning half of a century very painless! It was neat to get over 100 facebook messages as well wishing me a happy birthday.

This summer since our class is turning "fabulous and fifty" we are having an off-year reunion. I didn't make it to the first organizational meeting, so they elected me treasurer. I will be sure to go the next one, next friday night. I really am looking forward to seeing old faces! (specially since I have lost a ton of weight!!!)

WE have been busy with baseball since my last post. I just haven't had time to keep up, even though I said I was going to start blogging again more frequently. Facebook is fun to communicate and keep up with folks, but this is a little more personal. I like writing my thoughts down. It is fun to go back and read what was going on in my world at a particular time.

The Tigers are doing really well so far. Patrick is Junior Varsity, but has gotten a little varsity time in the one sided games. The JV is undefeated and the Varsity has only lost 2 games and they were only by one point each. Tomorrow night will be a test, since Water Valley is supposed to have a very good baseball team. It is an important game since it is a district game and it is at home. Coach Surrell is encouraging the town to come out and support the Tigers.

Jon has retaken the CWI exam again last weekend. He feels pretty good about it. I hope for the best. He should be hearing something from them in the next couple of weeks. He has learned so much. I have been surprised at what a great student he has become and how much knowledge he has retained since beginning his journey.

Liz should be winding up classes soon, I guess. I hope she can stay well so that she can finish and do her student teaching in the fall.

Spring break was last week. The week started off nasty, cold and rainy, but by Wednesday had changed to a beautiful week end! The super-moon on Friday night was so pretty.
It is too pretty outside to be in the house typing on a computer. I am going outside!
BYE!

0 comments: