CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 19, 2015

Dear Mama and Daddy,

       It's been quite a while since I talked to you guys.  over 18 years.  Guess what?  Yesterday was the first anniversary of me, yes ME being a BB!  or that's what I call myself, the little wild man may change my name, just like Lizzie changed yours!  Mama, you wanted to be Granny, and you called Daddy, Granddaddy.  Liz made you Danny and Knox!  and you loved it.  I am proud that you got to see all 4 of your grands before you left this world. 
       Y'all, you would LOVE this little Great grand-guy.  He is amazing.  Mama, you remember how much you loved it because Jon would sit in your lap!  You really ate it up.  You loved Lizzie, but she was not a cuddly kid, nor is she a cuddly adult.  You didn't have much time with Patrick, but he was pretty cuddly.  He did not like strangers though.  Sometimes, our little Wild man looks just like his daddy and sometimes I see his mama.  Oh, I never told you his name.  Jacob Taylor Morrison!  Isn't that the best name.  I'm sure Daddy would change it to his own little pet name for him, though.  Daddy you did that to all of us!  I was Baboo, Bobby was Rookie, Jim was Bub and Margaret was tiny baby.  You called Elizabeth Lizzie first, I believe and you named Jon JO-Nathan, like the Ole Miss football player.  You didn't hang around long enough to name Patrick, but we call him P man sometimes.  I believe a family friend did that.  Oh, and you both left right after Knox was born.  He is in college now. Patrick, Brittany and I were able to go to his High school graduation last May! 

     Daddy, you would love where Margaret lives!  Spanish fort!  You always wanted to retire to Gulf Breeze, and it is pretty close!  She and Robbie make regular trips to Pensacola beach!  and Remember the Villa Celeste?  We have been vacationing in the same area on 30A for a few years now.  You would LOVE IT!!!!!
    Daddy, you always said that having 2 sons didn't guarantee that your name would live on.  You were right!  But Margaret and I both named our last born sons "Knox".  Patrick Knox and William Knox.  We did our part to let your name live on.
     Mama, Daddy, I miss you both so much sometimes.  I wish you could be here for the good times.  I hope God shares them with you.   All my babies are grown up.  the baby is a sophomore in college.  You would be so proud of them all.  Patrick is so smart, school really comes easily to him.  He is dating a beautiful Christian girl who we adore.  Jon is married and the daddy of our little Jacob.  He is a welding inspector in Holly springs.  Daddy, you would love to see the place where he works! They make some really BIG things there. Remember when you and Jon would ride around looking at tractors and construction equipment?  He loved that.  Remember how you talked about Jon's wisdom?  He still spouts some gems at times.  His wife Julia is a sweet beautiful girl, who we love so much.  (Daddy, she is a yankee, but she's ok!) She is so smart and she has her master's from Ole Miss!  thought you'd like that!   Liz taught school for a couple of years, Mama, but it has changed so much since you were teaching.  She was miserable.  She is now a morning supervisor with UPS.  Pretty cool, don't you think?  Remember Daddy when Mr. Cade called you and told you about the mechanic job opening in Greenwood and you told Sidney to go apply for that job!  Well, he has been there 28 years.
      We are all ok.  I think about you guys a lot and miss you.  I know where you are, though and I know you wouldn't come back for anything.  I wouldn't want you to.  I will definitely see you someday across the Jordan, as you told me in your will, daddy!  All your kids and grands will see you in glory one day.  I am so glad of that.  I'll bet you already knew that, though didn't you?  If the angels in Heaven rejoice when someone is saved, I'll just bet that they shared the good news with all of you up there too!
    Well, I was just thinking about you two a lot today and wishing you could have been there at Jacob's party Saturday.  Oh, Daddy, you'll never guess who one of Jacob's Great granddaddies is!  OAB!!!!  Your old buddy from Lawrence printing company!  It is truly a small world, isn't it. ok, I sure miss you a whole bunch.  wish I could give you another hug.  I love you both!
Belinda

0 comments: