CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Today after Patrick went to school, Sidney, Jonathan and I went to Starkville. First we went to 4-County Electric to see about getting him electricity, then we dropped Sid and the trailer off at Jon's house site. Jon and I then went to the school to finish registering him. We waited in several lines and finally finished. Tried to get a coke at the 45 quick stop, but the clerk was so high, she couldn't check us out. Sid was so thirsty, so we just had to bring him something. She kept wanting to charge us $397.77 and then she would say, no, that's not right, then she couldn't make the cash register work, so finally I asked for a calculator and figured the price of 3 cokes, forgot the candy bars and told her to keep the change. We had to get out of there! Sid wondered why it took us forever. When we got back, he had the pole just about ready to go, but the hole wasn't quite deep enough, so Jon got to see some digging action! We got it all ready to hook up, it is up to the electric folks now. Hopefully they will get it going before monday, so he can stay in his trailer. Sid and Jon are both taking off tomorrow and taking the camper. They should take care of getting the water done tomorrow as well. I am glad that Jon has this opportunity, but I will be so sad, because I will miss him so much. He is apprehensive because of new surroundings, no friends around, no television. I think that Sid and I will get him a tv for his birthday, which is 2 weeks from Sunday. Maybe we'll get it and give it to him early. Jon is so precious. I hope that he will apply himself and do well.

0 comments: