CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 3, 2010

At first Patrick said he wanted to go to the world series, or at least he said he'd do whatever the others wanted to do. After I had told them we'd go, he changed his mind and said he'd pitch a fit if I made him go. Well, I would sure hate to see that. ha ha. To tell the truth, a week in Bentonville AR was not on my list of favorite things to do, but I was willing to go for the boys. Patrick never missed a practice, never missed a single game, always paid his part, and guess who always got to sit on the bench? To top that off, the coach added 2 extra players to go to the state with. We didn't set any records with them, either. They say they have figured out a way to make the sitting out more equitable, but they said that before and it was better for a while, then back to business as usual. I guess the poor fellow felt kinda like a second class ball player. It's been like that since the 3rd grade when he made all-stars for the first time. Truthfully, I am a little happy for the break. We have decided to join my family in Florida during that week and are really looking forward to doing something different for a week!

We put our sweet Jon on a plane yesterday. He loved it. Heard from him this morning and they were on the way to the zoo in St. Louis. I hope he has a great time! Patrick said, "I'm gonna fly, too." I said,"sure sometime you need to go somewhere to fly, too." He said, "I'm going to fly the plane!" Hmm... I think he'd be a great pilot!

Canned 7 qts. of tomatoes this morning. Hung out clothes on the line. Love the smell of sheets dried in the sun! No plans this weekend, which is very nice for a change. I have absolutely nothing that I have to do! Not even having Sunday school tomorrow, just the 4th of July community worship service at the Tabernacle. We never go. I will miss not being in church on Sunday, though. Might have to go anyway.

made a key lime pie today. patrick made a request! He requests so little that when he does want something special, I try to do it for him.

0 comments: