CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Had an absolutely wonderful day. Very productive day at work, great walk this evening, supper with my boys! The little one abandoned us and ate at the table with his friends. (3 beautiful young ladies!) You go, P-man!!! Walked for about an hour and then went back to watch the band practice. I am so proud of them. They are doing an outstanding job. Can't wait to see them tomorrow night in uniform doing their completed show. This will be the first home game in 2 weeks, so we will get to see them perform, instead of looking at their backs while they perform for the home side! They go to contest on 10/9, so they are in the process of perfecting their show. I am amazed at the progress that I have seen in just one week, and I thought they looked super last week. I sure hope that someone with a video camera films them at contest. I would love a dvd.

At work we are gearing up for the Carrollton pilgrimage next weekend. I am starting tomorrow, cooking up chicken, dicing it and freezing it to make it faster to make chicken salad next week. I am cooking up a bunch of turkeys, slicing them and measuring them out for sandwiches to save time. Going to put the cheese on them and freeze until we need them. Should save a lot of time. Will do the ham the same way. Betty is going back to Sam's tomorrow to finish getting what we need. We are going all disposable dinnerware for the weekend. Last year, we had to wash and rewash dishes to have enough to use, so we are getting smart! I guess last year we really didn't know what to expect, but hopefully we will be ready for the crowds that we are expecting! I guess ole Belinda will be working A LOT next weekend.

Re-read a great book this week; QBQ by John Miller. QBQ is the "question behind the question". What to really ask yourself to eliminate blame, procrastination and complaining. You should never ask, 'why', 'when', or 'who', but 'How' and 'What'? I read it before, but was falling back into the "victim mentality" so re-read it. Did you know that the only person that you can change, is you? I decided instead of taunting my enemy, I would be overly helpful. I would change me. I decided instead of asking, "when is _____ going to do ____________?" I would ask, What can Belinda do to help this situation? I'll probably have to read it again before long, but maybe I'm back on track. There is a great definition of "wisdom" in this book. Wisdom is What we learn, after we know it all. I love it! Did you know that procrastination is the friend of failure? Sometimes if we don't take care of the little things while they are still little, then they escalate into BIG things that maybe catastrophic. Great little book takes about an hour to read, and is an easy read.

Tomorrow is Friday! I am so excited! Home football game. The Tigers are 5-0 and are looking to be 6-0 after they face the Whippets of Kosciusko tomorrow night. I hope they will be 6-0 anyway. They are looking great this year. I am looking forward to seeing Patrick perform at halftime more than anything. It's a great day to be a Tiger! Well, must go to bed, big day tomorrow; lots to do and see. God is great and God is good! All the time.

0 comments: