CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 10, 2008

It is only Thursday, but it should have been Friday twice. Whew, what a hellacious week. Monday was work, then baseball practice, Tuesday was the state Bible drill in Batesville. I left work at one and Sidney and Ruth Jensen went with me. I was so glad that Sid got to go see Patrick. ( I was really glad that I didn't have to drive!) All our boys did great. Some had a few more mistakes than others, but the important thing is that they knew the material. They have hidden God's word in their hearts and that will not return void. Scripture promises that. Patrick had absolutely no mistakes, which kinda surprised me since he didn't do all that great in practice Sunday night. He said that is was the new bandaid that he had to break in on his finger! plus he was just fooling around Sunday night. Thank you Lord for giving him all the abilities that you have given him, and please don't let him waste them! He has truly blessed Patrick with the ability to do whatever well. We give him all the glory. I am truly in awe of our blessings. That afternoon on the way home I got a text message from Jeanette saying our power was off. I didn't think much about it until we got to Carrollton and the power was still off and I realized that all the food in the cooler would have to be thrown out if we didn't get some power to the cooler soon. Sid prized the cooler over where we could reach the power outlet and Patrick prized the plug out of the outlet with a piece of metal I found in the mop closet. He tried to pull the cord out where we could plug an extension cord into it and get power from next door, but the cord was too short. We finallygot the cooler over far enough where he could reach in there and plug in the extension cord and the cooler sprung to life. Whew. We got power back that night and Mrs. Ray went over and plugged the cooler cord back into its home outlet! Of all things that could have been bad, guess what happened the next morning? Bill Carson sneaked in and gave us a health inspection. I asked him how he got in without me hearing the bell on the front door. He just grinned and said, "I'm a deer hunter!" ha Luckily, he was in a good mood and did his check and moved on. We got an "A". Whew, dodged a bullet that day. I just had to call Betty and fill her in. She said that she was afraid to answer the phone!
Yesterday I was so tired, that all I wanted to do was go to sleep, but I had to go to GA's last night. Jon had to go to Jackson yesterday for the start of the State VICA competition. They left school around 10:30 yesterday morning. He said that all they did yesterday was take a test. They had to be at school at 5:30 this morning to leave to be in Jackson at 7:30. It promises to be a long day. He didn't get home last year until after midnight. He has an outline due for his research paper in English today. I hope that Mrs. Perkins will be merciful, since he has been on a school trip for the last two days.
Today we had to cook for a North Mississippi Homemakers association. We cooked for 46. Catfish cakes with comeback sauce, broccoli salad, roasted herb potatoes, sour cream biscuits, and Key lime squares for dessert. This was in addition to our regular customers, so we had a pretty great day money wise. Tips were good! Pam Lee said that the ladies seemed to enjoy their meal, so that was good.
We don't have a whole lot to do tomorrow, which is great. I am ready for a break. I have to leave here in about 30 minutes to take Patrick to ball practice. I guess I'll read a book and watch. I have to read with one eye and watch with the other, just to make sure that I don't miss him doing something great! I watch with two eyes when he is pitching or batting!

0 comments: