CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 17, 2009

I didn't realize that I had not posted since the day after Christmas. Everyone is back in school and doing fine. Sidney had a change of start times since the new year started. He is not real happy about it. He was going in at 2:30 and getting off at 11:30, but now he has to go in at 5:00 and doesn't get off until 2:00 AM! The only good side to this is that he doesn't leave the house until 4:30 and gets to see Patrick and me before he goes off to work. It is just hard getting used to working so late and having to sleep until noon.

My only Knox uncle died yesterday afternoon. His visitation is tomorrow afternoon and the funeral is monday morning. Since Patrick doesn't have school monday he is going with me to Albany Georgia. I dread the 7 1/2 hour drive, but am looking forward to seeing my aunt and cousins. My uncle had been asking for my dad who has been in Heaven 12 years now, so I know that he met JEK at the gates! I'll bet their sister was there, too. I know that was a sweet reunion, as they were all so close on earth. The whole family was with him as he left this earth and my cousin said it was so sweet to be with him at this time. I'm sure it will be hard, especially for my aunt. I'm not sure how long they had been married, but my oldest cousin is 52.

We took Patrick and Kristen to the fish house in vaiden tonight. Tried to get Grandmother to go, since she loves to eat fish so much, but she wasn't hungry. The kids didn't talk much, so Sid and I tried to initiate conversation. Jon took Lizzie to see "marley and me" tonight. He loved it too. Said the dog was bad as hell!

I'd better go and get ready to leave early in the morning.

0 comments: