CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 5, 2009

happy Birthday Patrick

It is so beautiful outside. Beautiful and misleading! ha, it is so coldddd!!! I am thankful for a warm house and a nice toasy fire. I am thankful for 3 beautiful children and a loving husband. I am thankful for running water and electricity. I am thankful we have not been plagued with an ice storm this year.


13 years ago on February 2, 1996 an ice storm hit. I also went into labor! Well, thought it was anyway. Sid got up at 5ish and had to go somewhere to find some gas for the bronco because we were going to have to go to Greenwood to have a baby. At the time there were few places around Carrollton Mississippi to get gas at this time of the morning. It was before the days of pay at the pump anytime! But anyway, he found a place open. Around 8 I decided that the labor was over for now, but the bronco was gassed up and we were ready. Liz and Jon were out of school because of the weather and were having a ball with the neighbor kids getting pulled on an old truck hood behind a 4 wheeler. The next day we were still ok, the kids were still having a ball. Bright, sunny, cold and icy. Fortunately, the power lines were not suffering so we still had electricity and water. The next morning church was cancelled because of the weather, so we weren't worried about getting up at any certain time, but Patrick Knox Morrison decided it was the day. I woke up just like Friday, so cautiously optimistic I got a bath and warned Sidney that something might be happening. I offered to cook him some breakfast, but he thought that he would get something at his mother's when we dropped the kids off there. Liz and Jon had spent the night at the neighbor's-just couldn't get enough of the fun they were having. Sid called and asked for them to be sent home, so John Sanders decides it would be faster to bring them in his little S10 2 wheel drive truck. HAA big mistake. He made it about half way down our drive way before he just couldn't go anymore. Sid had to get the tractor out and pull him back home before we could get out to go to Greenwood. By the time we got in the road, which wasn't icy,(just the driveway!)It was 11:00. When we made it to Greenwood we stopped at the Morrisons' house to drop off our kids and Sid decides he is hungry, of course his mother offers to cook him some breakfast, but with my best possessed howl growled, you aren't eating anything! I am having a baby NOW! It was quite uncomfortable riding 4 people to town in a vehicle that only sat 2. Add to the fact that the kids were fighting and I was having contractions multiplied the misery! It took us over 2o minutes to get to the hospital from their house due to the fact that the streets in town were still pretty icy. We got to the hospital after noon sometime and they did indeed concur that I was in labor, duh. I had been promised by good old Dr. Meek that I could this time have an epidural, since I was denied the other times. The anesthesiologist (sp) didn't make it in time and I ended up having another natural childbirth. Well, to make matters worse, it was on Sunday and Dr. Meek was not on call, so Dr. Evans, his partner got to deliver Patrick. I hope that he treats his own patients better than he did me. He was the rudest, least compasssionate person that I have ever had dealings with. Well, despite all the drama, on Sunday February 4, 1996, Patrick made it at 1:29, not long after we got there. He was the prettiest thing with the largest roundest head of any baby I had the privilege of giving birth to! he had just now grown into it! All that to say, happy birthday my sweet baby, I can't believe that you are a teenager. I love you, Mama


Just a few minutes old, so sweet and so unhappy! (look at that head!) ouch.

0 comments: