CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 23, 2010

Happy Anniversary to us!

At 2:00 pm Saturday afternoon August 21, 1982, I became Mrs. John Sidney Morrison. Our Anniversary doesn't fall on a Saturday very often, but this year it did. I think it is kinda neat when it actually falls on the right day. Kinda like when my birthday falls on a Monday! That was the day I was born on many years ago. It's really hard to believe that I've been married for 28 years. It just doesn't seem like it. I guess if we can have a 25 year old daughter, then it's really possible! Time sure does fly when you're having fun. Most of the time it is fun. I won't lie and say it's always fun, but for the most part, yes, it is.
I love to remember back and see the little Indian guy at the holiday inn in Hattiesburg telling us, "you lucky, it got king size bed!""" I know my face was 40 shades of red! We stopped in Hattiesburg because we didn't want to drive all the way to Panama City beach on our wedding night. Unfortunately we didn't think about Camp Shelby and National Guard camp going on. All the hotels were full. We started to leave this Holiday inn after they told us that they were all full and a lady ran after us and told us that we could have their room. Something about not getting their military discount, so they were not staying. That's when the desk clerk made his announcement to the amusement of all the folks standing in the lobby! It was kinda embarrassing because I just knew all these people were looking at us and thinking, I know what they are up to tonight! Well, 28 years later we spent the night in our own bed with the sounds of gunfire going on in the den, with Patrick and Jeremiah playing modern warfare! I wonder if they were thinking like the folks in the lobby? "we know what you old folks are doing in there with the door shut! you are sleeping"! Because parents don't have sex! Nah, they were probably not thinking about us at all, too busy killing enemy soldiers! Probably too much information, huh? oh well! We're married, so we have the right! LOL!

0 comments: