CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 23, 2010

I got to see my baby march in the high school band Friday night. He looked so cute out there just blowing his trumpet. I thought that they sounded pretty good, too! I heard a few clunkers, but given the fact that a lot of kids had quit the band after last year and there were a lot of freshmen in there, they did alright. I know that they will just get better with time. I look forward to watching them add to their halftime show every week as they learn new stuff. Patrick even admitted that playing at the football game was pretty fun. Patrick said they are working on "Oye como va" right now, and that it was very hard and he didn't think that they could do it! He said they were also working on "Tusk". I told him if it was good enough for the USC Trojan marching band, it was good enough for the "Pride of Winona!" ha. I have a new respect for their new band director! Patrick said that they prayed before going out on the field Friday night and they stayed and played until everyone left the stands. If I had known that they would keep on playing, I would have sat there and listened. He said they played "Sweet sweet spirit" for their very last number. I was very impressed. (There's a sweet sweet spirit in this place and I know that it's the spirit of the Lord. There are sweet expressions on each face and I know that it's the presence of the Lord. Sweet Holy Spirit, sweet heavenly dove, Stay right here with us, filling us with your love. And for these blessings, We lift our hearts in praise. Without a doubt we'll know that we have been revived when we shall leave this place.)

I think he will really start to like band this year; they are doing more fun stuff and the new director refuses to yell at them. He still won't practice his horn at home, but maybe that will change!

0 comments: