CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 15, 2010

I can't believe it's been over a year since I wrote on here. I think it's because I discovered "Facebook" and pretty much addicted to that! It's been a great year. Since I wrote last, Jonathan has received "outstanding welding techology student" at EMCC for 2 years in a row. He also received some scholarships which has helped with school this year. Patrick received awards at school last year, Liz is still plugging along, trying to see the light at the end of the tunnel of her education. We took the most awesome vacation ever last year at Seacrest Beach florida. I highly recommend it! So beautiful, so restful, so safe, so quiet. We ALL went and had a wonderful time. I don't even remember a fight. Hmm.. surely not! I think I posted over 300 pictures on facebook! Patrick made the jr. high baseball team this year. They played their last game tonight in Ethel, MS! They won both games in shutouts. He starts playing with the high school tomorrow night and will play summer ball with the high school as well. Patrick received a superior at State Bible drill competition at Emmanuel church this past Tuesday. Sid and I are still about the same, I have lost some weight, so that is good. I have decided that I WILL waterski this year! I probably need to work on my upper body strength first!

On a sad note, Earl, the best cat in the world went to Kitty Heaven last Wednesday. He leaves behind a family who loves him and misses him very much. We have adopted a new kitty, but it doesn't have a name yet. Very sweet, though.

We have the garden planted and some of it is up now. I have declared war on whitetails and have installed an electric fence to help with that war. I am tired of feeding deer, when I am running out of green beans and mustard greens. I still need to plant the okra, but Sid says we need to wait until we hear the whippoorwill, then it will be warm enough for okra.

We had a pretty cold winter for us. Never did get a proper snow, though. This spring, however, has been the nicest that I can remember in a long time. The flowers are beautiful and the weather is outstanding. I wish it would stay like this year-round. I suppose I would get tired of no fluctuations, but I'd like to see!

Jonathan says I need to write in this more often, but I never knew that he read it. Maybe I'll try to keep up better.
later,
B

0 comments: