CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Happy New year

Well, everyone here is back in the old rut, oh I mean routine. Sid is looking after sick UPS trucks, I am baking bread everyday, the boys are back in school, and Liz is up to her usual stuff. She is working a few days a week at Ala Carte and sleeping whenever we try to check in with her. We enjoyed seeing her for 24 hours during Christmas.

Report cards came in this Wednesday. One was good, one was not. Hopefully Jon will pull his out before May. I told him just 4 more months. He has a history of pulling a rabbit out of a hat at the last minute, but it strictly drives me nuts. God is so good to give me a genius child as the last one. He knew that I needed rest after getting Jonathan out of school.

Patrick made first chair trumpet this week in band. He was so excited, but so was I. It was the first time since he started band that he made first chair. He's been working on "Taps" at home. The high note is giving him fits, but he is very persistant, so I believe that he will get it down soon.
We may be having puppies in March. We had been keeping the min pins separated, but thought gator was through with being in heat. We put Jimmy back in the back yard and oops! Patrick found them in a "compromising position" this morning, so..... we'll see about the middle of march.
Today was such a beautiful day. It was about 65 degrees and sunny. Only in Mississippi can you wear fleece one day and shorts the next! I washed sheets and hung them out in the sun. I think that I am the only one left in the world that still uses a closeline, weather permitting. I just love sleeping on fresh, sundried sheets.

Patrick got a call from the baseball coach this evening. Practice tomorrow at 2:00. It is hard to believe that it is time to start practicing baseball already!

So much for Sunday being a day of rest! Get up, go to Sunday school and Church, find some lunch, baseball practice, Bible drill and church again. Then all of a sudden it is time to start over again!

We cooked steaks out for supper. It had been a while since we indulged in a good steak, and they were very good. I guess Jon will finish them up when he gets home from work around 11:30.

Yes, we wore short sleeves outside all day, but now we are sitting around the fireplace enjoying its warmth. It is nice, just doing nothing for a change. I think that I will join them.

Well, this is the end of my very first post on a blog. Maybe I'll get better at it!

0 comments: