CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 30, 2008


Wow, it is already wednesday. Jonathan made a 95 on his memory work. His teacher told me tonight at church that the tutoring really seems to be making a difference. She said that his attitude is so much better and so are his grades. He has a big test tomorrow. I hope that he has prepared enough.


I emailed some pictures of him to the yearbook advisor at school. We bought a senior ad for the annual. He really takes some good pictures. The one above is one of the ones we sent. Since he has hated school from the get-go, we decided to use the verse 2 Timothy 4:7, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." Less than 4 months to go!
I don't know why God made my kids so different. Liz always took pride in her work and worked hard. If she needed help, she went after it and always made good grades and finished as an honor student. Jonathan is so different. If he gets a 71 he feels like he wasted effort. I don't understand why he is content to just get by. He strives for excellence in his job and his vo-tech classes, but feels academics are just a waste of time. Patrick makes excellent grades, but doesn't seem to have to work at all for them. He can memorize by just listening a few times. School comes so easy for him, and he is very competitive. He has a band test tomorrow and has been practicing for that. He hopes that he'll be able to retain his first chair. He is very lazy, though. Waits to the last minute to try to get up his homework and drives me crazy. I gave him a spanking this afternoon because he put off his homework last night, and looks as if he'll get another, because it is now 12:11 am and he is still working on it.
Liz texted me this morning. She is sick with the stomach mess. A friend brought her some yogurt, popsicles, and other assorted goodies
Linda Perkins spoke tonight to the GA's about her trip to Indonesia this summer. We will be studying Indonesia during the month of February, so it was very interesting. The girls really enjoyed hearing about her trip. We are having a mother/daughter tea party for them on Feb. 9. Should be fun.
I am going to bed.

0 comments: